Sharing is caring!
Read this article to find the 10 Best Tips on how to ensure your kitchen stays fresh.
The kitchen is the heart of a house, but it can also be the source of unpleasant smells as food items such as perishable meals decompose.
Burnt food, trash, soured milk or food, or even decomposing groceries might be the source of the foul-smelling kitchen.
Furthermore, spices soiled pots and plates produce a stench in the air, making it difficult to eliminate these odors.
Certain unappetizing scents in your kitchen may be caused by places you don’t or can’t see regularly.
Tracking odors from an unknown origin might be difficult and time-consuming.
Here are 10 best tips you can take to ensure your kitchen stays fresh, clean, and smelling nice.
Rinse off counters after cooking or baking to prevent grease buildup.
Keep the fridge tidy to avoid bacteria growth. Don’t forget about cleaning your counters tops!
De-clutter your countertops by removing everything not being used immediately for cooking to create a cleaner environment.
Lastly, always have a clean dishcloth on hand to wipe down any spills or messes before they dry into place!
- DISINFECTING WIPES KILLS 99.9% OF VIRUSES AND BACTERIA: Lysol Disinfecting Wipes are tested and proven to clean and kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria, including 8 cold and flu viruses* (when used as directed).
- KILLS COVID-19 VIRUS: Tested & proven to kill COVID-19 virus** (**Kills SARS-CoV-2 on hard, non-porous surfaces in 15 seconds), EPA Reg #777-114.
- MULTI-PURPOSE CLEANING WIPES 3X STRONGER THAN A PAPER TOWEL: These disinfecting cleaning wipes are 3x stronger than a paper towel.
Keep the trash away from the family room or cooking area to avoid any awful odors.
Clean up spills as quickly as possible to eliminate foul smells and moisture that breeds bugs.
There are many ways to Ensure Your kitchen Stays Fresh
let see them below:
#1 Ensure your kitchen is clean
One of the best ways to make sure you are preventing food odors from wreaking havoc on your kitchen is to wipe up any spills or messes as soon as you notice them.
Do not leave food crumbs in your kitchen for too long.
The dry, still warm crumbs will attract more germs. Ensure that surfaces are free of grease and food particles by cleaning them with an all-purpose cleaner.
If you have pets in the home, then they often contribute to the smell of your kitchen.
Ensure those pet foods are correctly stored in containers that can be sealed shut before placing them in a dry place such as a pantry or cupboard.
Finally, always put away leftovers immediately after using them.
Ensure that the food is sealed in air-tight containers before storing them in your refrigerator or freezer.
Ensure that these containers are not left out on the counter for hours at a time.
Doing this will allow the food to go wrong, which attracts more germs.
- Help Organize Your Kitchen and Pantry----Imagine waking up every morning and walking to the kitchen to make some breakfast, found everything is neatly organized. No longer messy, you can get everything you want very quickly. They will make you feel easy to organize the pantry.
- One Set Include 7 Pieces Containers----1 Tall Container (1.7qt ), 2 Medium Containers (1.1qt ), 2 Small Containers (0.7qt), 2 Mini Containers (0.5qt). Perfect for storing flour, sugar, rice, grain, nuts, beans, snacks, pasta, coffee and tea!
- Clear containers allow you to identify contents----Made of high quality BPA free material, our air tight containers are durable and shatterproof. The plastic of these containers is very clear, you can identify the contents without opening them.
#2 Ensure correct hand washing
One way to ensure that your kitchen stays fresh is to make sure that you wash your hands before and after touching foods.
Ensure also recommends using a clean cloth to wipe down any surfaces you might have felt before preparing food.
You can also ensure the freshness of your kitchen by wiping up spills as soon as they happen and disinfecting/cleaning up surfaces and appliances with an approved solution or mild bleach solution mixed with water.
Ensure also suggests storing food in airtight containers.
- MADE IN USA QUALITY – IRIS USA’s pearlplastic Buckled Lidded Storage Bin Tote is a perfect storage organizer that can fit all your items safely with the anti-break, durable polypropylene material made in the USA
- STYLISH AND DISCREET – The pearl design of our plastic storage bin tote with lid creates privacy. You as a user know exactly what is inside, but also hides it from other people. Also, even if you don’t have space to hide the plastic storage totes in garages, closets and cupboards, no worries. With the new design you can put it in the living room or bedroom and it will still look stylish.
- STACK THEM UP – Plastic Storage Container Bin Tote has grooves on the lid and body to create a secure stacking experience. IRIS USA lid-body construction ensures stability to stack securely for easy moving, and save space in your house, apartment, and condo.
For safety reasons, keep hot food at 140 degrees Fahrenheit or less and cold food at 40 degrees Fahrenheit or less.
#3 Ensure the kitchen is germ-free
Ensure the kitchen stays fresh and clean by trying to keep wet and dirt to a minimum.
Ensure that all your countertops and surfaces stay dry by wiping them down with a cloth and/or paper towel, and avoid using sponges to clean as much as possible.
Ensure that all of your cooking utensils are cleaned thoroughly before use, especially if you’re preparing food for someone already sick.
- ✅FOOD GRADE SILICONE -- Made of food-grade silicone, BPA-free, can use in any type of food. And it will probably last longer than the other plastic kitchen utensils. This silicone cooking utensils does not react with food or beverages, you don’t have to worry about the health of your families will not retain odors or colors when you use it for stirring tomato-based food products
- ✅NO BEND & NO BREAK & HEALTHY FOR COOKWARE -- Our kitchen utensils are more sturdy than other usual wooden kitchen utensils, ensures daily use for a long time without being worn down. Designed not to bend, break or rust. We are committed to providing each customer with the highest standard of customer service. If you have any problem about the utensils set, please feel free to contact our customer service, we're always here for you
- ✅HIGH TEMPERATURE WITHSTAND:The Silicone Cooking Utensils can withstand high temperatures up to 446°F/230°C. All-around silicone added to the softness, no longer worry food will stick your cookware. Silicone head protect your pans, keep the cookware surface not scratched or dented. Extend the life of all your kitchen pans.They are scratch resistant, unlike plastic and rubber utensils that will easily melt or metal kitchen utensils harm your nonstick pots
Ensure that good ventilation is maintained in the kitchen, which you can do simply by opening windows or using an overhead fan.
Ensure that all food products are stored in containers designed specifically for storing food, such as Tupperware rather than cardboard boxes.
Ensure an ample supply of plastic wrap so storage containers can be appropriately sealed after cleaning.
#4 Ensure proper dishwashing methods
It’s a good idea to invest in a dishwasher to ensure that cleaning dishes is efficient.
Ensure you utilize an appropriate detergent that can accommodate your type of machine, and when you’re done, remove the dishes from the dishwasher and let them air dry.
Ensure you clean surfaces, sink, and appliances daily with a bleach-free cleaner for improved hygiene. Ensure that your dishwasher is cleaned regularly.
- Dimensions: Depth - Door Shut (with Handle): 21.7" | Depth - Door Shut (without Handle): 20" | Depth With Door Open 90 Degrees: 29" | Dishwasher Size: 21" | Height - Maximum: 17.2" | Height - Minimum: 17.2" | Product Depth: 21.7" | Product Height: 17.2" | Product Width: 19.7" | Product Weight: 44.1 lb
- Six-place setting: the six-place setting capacity allows you to wash a variety of dishes (up to 10-inches in diameter) and includes folding down rack shelves and a cutlery basket
- Quick installation: Features a quick connect assembly with accessories and adapters included to easily connect directly to your faucet
Ensure you clean hard-to-reach areas of your dishwasher with a toothpick, and thoroughly rinse all surfaces after cleaning to avoid the presence of any bleach residue, which can corrode certain surfaces.
- Single-dose packs eliminate measuring, waste and spills
- Triple-enzyme formula removes grease, grime and stuck-on food
- Scent-free packs clean without phosphates or chlorine
Ensure that you often change dishcloths, sponges, and mop heads to prevent the growth of bacteria.
Ensure that you use a clean dishcloth on dishes, free from contamination, and ensure that your mop head is also clean before applying it to your kitchen floor.
Ensure that you regularly sanitize all surfaces in your kitchen with an antibacterial household cleaner or diluted bleach solution (1 tablespoon of bleach per 1 gallon of water).
- Clean, disinfect, and deodorize with the power of Clorox Bleach concentrated formula
- For use in HE and standard washing machines
- A registered disinfectant that kills up to 99.9 percent of household germs and bacteria
#5 Ensure food storage safety
There are a few things you can do to ensure your food storage is safe. When storing foods in the fridge, make sure that you only keep the freshest products at the front of the refrigerator.
You can also use plastic containers or bowls with lids to store leftover foods in the fridge so they don’t go wrong, which will help cut down on smells and wetness.
When storing fresh foods in the freezer, make sure you place them in a robust and airtight container or bag so that any odors don’t get in.
#6 Ensure odors are kept at bay
One of the most demoralizing smells that can get into your kitchen is the smell of Grease.
While it may be innocuous to many people, Grease can actually cause some health problems like nosebleeds and headaches.
To ensure your kitchen stays fresh and free of this smell, there are some simple steps you can take.
Try these out for a few weeks and see how they work for you.
#7 Ensure that you wash and disinfect all surfaces in the kitchen
Wash and disinfect all surfaces in the kitchen, including appliances, countertops, sinks, and faucets.
- Microban is an EPA registered disinfectant, tested and proven to kill viruses in accordance with the EPA Emerging Viral Pathogen policy (EPA Registration Number: 4091-20-3573)
- This multi-purpose cleaner sanitizes surfaces, disinfects bacteria & viruses, deodorizes, and prevents mold & mildew
- Don't worry about continuously reapplying this antibacterial cleaner, it provides a multi-layer protective shield that keeps killing bacteria for a full 24 hours, even when the surface is touched multiple times
Use a cleaning agent with a sealant to dishwashers and dishwasher-safe dishes.
Shorten dishwashing time by half to ensure a thorough clean.
Ensure you have a designated area for paper towels, so they don’t get mixed in with your dishes.
Clean up any spills or water quickly to avoid mold or mildew growth.
Invest in an air freshener that won’t aggravate allergies and is labeled safe for indoor use.
Ensure it’s plugged into a ventilated plug to keep from increasing humidity levels in the room.
Choose one that has been labeled fragrance-free or neutral scent.
#8 Ensure ovens, microwaves and cooking equipment are kept free of food spills and splatters
Clean your oven, microwave, and cooking equipment regularly.
Wipe down your toaster oven’s walls and components at least once a month, usually with a wet cloth, to scoop out any crumbs or spills that may have accumulated within.
You may also want to clean the racks inside your oven from time to time – but make sure you take care not to use caustic products, as they can corrode aluminum parts!
- microwave cleaner with Water and Vinegar. No Need to Use Dangerous Chemical & Stain Removers. stains for fast and easy cleaning.
- help Clean:just add vinegar and water, then microwave for 3-7 minutes，While Microwaving, Steam Blasts out of its Head Softening head to soften and release microwave dirt.
- add a squeeze of lemon Juice (or essence) to liquid for a pleasant odor. cuts microwave
Keep Less Containers In Your Pantry:
Store fewer food containers in your pantry to save space and make it easier for you to find what you need when cooking or preparing food.
Stick with just one or two types of sauce and condiments to avoid having too much clutter on the shelf.
Use Separate Containers:
Ensure food stays fresh by using different containers for each item instead of storing everything in one container.
- Simple, fast, easy to use – most meal-prep containers don’t last. They crack after just a couple uses and can’t even be used in the microwave without burning or melting. Not Enther, Our bento boxes are built to last and contain the best features.
- No more disappointments. Gone are the days you had to worry about a cracked container or one that can’t withstand the heat of a microwave. Our containers are BPA-free, microwavable and ensured for multiple times uses.
- Trust – use a meal-prep container that you can count on. It gets old when you have to buy a new container after just a few uses. Enther containers are washer and freezer friendly. With our bento boxes, you can trust that they will last longer than any other.
For example, cereal can be stored in its original box, and cookies can be stored in plastic bags inside their own boxes.
Wash Up After Yourself!
Ensure Your Kitchen Stays Fresh and clean by washing up after yourself; if you don’t wash it up, your kitchen could go from being fresh to smelling just like the leftovers you’ve been scoffing.
If you’re watching your calorie intake, wash up after yourself even if you don’t think anyone else will notice how much food you’ve eaten; better still, make it a positive part of your weight loss journey by washing up after yourself to prove how much control you have over your food intake.
#9 Ensure anything hot really does remain hot
Some people think that hot foods will cool down quickly.
- Super-fast: Instant reading thermometer with backlight features 3.9 inches food grade stainless steel probe gets temp readout within 3-5 seconds with high precision sensor
- Accurate readout: Cooking thermometer with temp range of -58 ~ 572 degree Fahrenheit (-50 ~ 300 degree Celsius); accurate to ±0.9 degree Fahrenheit; Perfect for indoor outdoor cooking, grilling, BBQ and so on
- Easy to use: Kitchen thermometer with foldable probe design folds away easily and locks into base for portability; Magnetic back and hook allows for convenient storage
This is not the case because anything hot really does remain hot for at least 50 minutes.
Ensure that your kitchen stays fresh by ensuring that hot foods are kept at a safe temperature for these 50 minutes.
Ensure Your Kitchen Stays Fresh At the end of this time, anything less than 40 degrees Celsius can be refrigerated or frozen according to standard food safety procedures.
#10 Ensure anything cold really does remain cold
One of my tricks to keeping my refrigerator fresh is freezing water bottles with water or juice or any fruit.
Whenever I open the door, I put a bottle on the top shelf to remain cold.
This helps keep almost anything cold, but it won’t ruin any food since it’s juice or water!
I also keep a thermometer on the top shelf to check the temperature.
If it reaches above 40 degrees, something has gone wrong or is spoiled somewhere in the refrigerator!
- Large dial with red indicator makes the Freezer thermometer easy to read.
- Measures temperature ranges from -20 to 80 °F, also can read by Celsius.
- Stainless-steel construction provides strength, durability, and corrosion resistance.
By using this trick, you’ll be able to ensure your kitchen stays fresh longer, which saves money!
Conclusion About How to Ensure Your Kitchen Stays Fresh
Keeping your kitchen clean and fresh is a great way to stay healthy.
In this blog post, we’ve outlined some simple ways that you can keep your kitchen in top shape, all while saving time and money!
In the comments section below, let us know how you ensure your kitchen stays fresh and safe so we may learn more!